CDL Class A - Dairy Route Delivery Driver / Service Tech
“Winning by Serving” is our vision. Excellent customer service and employee teamwork is how we win as a company.
As a Dairy Depot Route Delivery Driver / Service Tech you are responsible for delivering and selling dairy farm supplies in an efficient and profitable manner, as well as tending to any immediate service needs of the Dairy Farm. All while abiding by our principles of Honesty, Integrity, Quality, and Professionalism.
In addition to delivery and sales of products, this position encompasses a combination of relationship building; inventory handling; physical activity; and basic mechanical trouble-shooting & service. This position reports directly to the General Manager-Kansas Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Handle the inventory management of chemicals, teat dips and dairy supplies in the warehouse, on the route truck and at the dairy site; utilizing Inventory Transfers and Invoicing in QuickBooks, as well as Excel spreadsheets on assigned Surface.
● Understand the factors that determine the usage of products at each farm.
● Work with the General Manager to develop route efficiencies
● Learn & develop relationships with key people at our dairy farms
● Learn the basics of the following: good cow milking, proper washing procedures for milk pipelines and milk storage tanks, calf care and calf raising protocols, proper hoof care techniques-products & foot bath protocols.
● Transportation of chemical and other loads from Evans, CO to Garden City, KS
● Learn our main product lines and how they can best be used by our customers
● Sell & deliver products to new & existing dairy customers in the Southwest Kansas area
● Initiate conversations with key people at new & existing dairy customers regarding our product lines
● Assist with warehouse maintenance, loading and unloading trucks, and any other operational tasks that are required by our Garden City Facility Manager
● Work with General Manager to develop and follow up with conversations about price quotes & possible demos of new products
● Close sales of new products & continue follow up to make sure the customers are satisfied with the products
● Develop relationships with the farm staff and management by being an asset to them
● Ability to identify, trouble-shoot, and correct any immediate service needs for our Dairy customers
● Must be capable of running computer programs (Microsoft Word & Excel) (QuickBooks)
● Class “A” CDL with Haz-Mat, Tanker, and Air Brake endorsements preferred
● Warehouse and Inventory experience a plus
● Hours generally 7:30 to 5:00 Monday – Friday; with rotating on-call nights and weekends approx. 1 week out of 3-4 (TBD)
● Be able to lift 75 lbs., roll 55-gallon barrels filled with product
Paid time off
Ability to Commute/Relocate
Garden City, KS 67846: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)